Management Information, Big Data & Analytics
Information is at the heart of the digital economy and information is only as valuable as the knowledge and insight it helps to provide; armed with knowledge and insight, the best path of action can be determined.
Information is the building block for knowledge and data in turn is the unit building block for information. Information management therefore requires data management first.
Analytics of all kinds is a function of data and science applied to that data. The greater the volume and quality of your data, the better and more accurate your analytics will be. In the last 10 years the world has seen a proliferation of data being stored digitally, but only a fraction (approx. 20%) of that data is structured data that sits in a database. Unstructured data such as videos, documents, images, sensory and other non-conventional data sources provides the richer sources of data for analytics.
Why Would You Need This Service?
Businesses that understand that data is an important asset seek to maximise its value. Unlocking the hidden value in your data estate requires all data in whatever structured and unstructured form to be farmed and mined. This requires a big data strategy with a platform capable of consolidating internal and external data (structured/unstructured) from across the enterprise in real time.
The value of data is only in what insights can be mined from it to chart the optimal path of action. An analytics capability for developing and deploying models for predictive and prescriptive analytics is required along with UI capabilities for designing compelling user interfaces for business consumption of these analytic models.
How We Deliver This Service
EAL’s approach to business intelligence, analytics and big data is to start by defining the business problem and use cases.
We will then work collaboratively with you to define detailed business. We use the business requirements to develop the functional and technical architecture which starts with MI, analytics and big data design principles and standards and assessing the gaps between your current capabilities and the target architecture.
As well as supporting you through the process of designing solutions, we will make sure you have the enduring capabilities to keep the lights on and keep the show running. This includes defining the common data models and infrastructure for reporting, analytics and big data, a flexible target operating model, delivery and governance processes, application selection criteria and change management plans.
Finally, having designed the component parts that needs to be in place to develop and maintain MI, analytics and big data we help to define a phased roadmap for implementation alongside change and stakeholder engagement plans.
The richness and effectiveness of reporting and analytics depends on the quality, variety, volume, relevance and timely availability of data (from conventional structured and unstructured (big data) sources). These qualities of data can only be ensured with a data management system in place. At EAL we can assess your data management capability maturity level and work with you to address gaps.
Depending on the requirement, deliverables are:
- Management information, analytics and big data strategy, processes, target operating model, roadmap, requirements and functional design;
- Use cases for predictive/prescriptive analytics;
- Data warehouse design and business intelligence data model;
- KPI/metric design;
- Report/dashboard mock-up design;
- Analytic models;
- Data management capability design.
The following set of benefits will result from undertaking the exercises explained above:
- A comprehensive strategy to approach management information, analytics and big data with defined principles and standards;
- Documented understanding of opportunities within your business for the use of analytics;
- Mappings between management information, analytic artefacts and business value;
- Data model design for management information and big data platforms;
- A common, rationalised and reusable reporting repository;
- Analytic model algorithms for specific scenarios and use cases;
- Report mock-ups and dashboards for specific scenarios;
- Standard criteria and toolsets defined for different facets of management information, analytics and big data;
- People, process and technology to run a sustainable management information, analytics and big data operation;
Contact Us to Get Started
We will come back to you to discuss your situation as soon as possible