Risk mitigation, cost and efficiency savings and complexity are all catalysts for IT modernisation programmes. Our IT Modernisation service recognises the need for a planned approach to address these issues starting with a detailed application portfolio assessment. The assessment considers the impact of these issues on the business in the following areas:
- Operational: reviewing the stability of ageing technology;
- Security: considers weakness in access controls and data loss and compromises;
- Delivery: complexity that may cause projects to fail or fall short on RoI;
- Strategic: exploiting business opportunities;
- Reputation: is your business an innovator or dinosaur?
Why Would You Need This Service?
Developments in IT are running at a pace and all companies need to keep abreast of these developments. Constant change and disruption in the marketplace and the challenges for any business in the adoption of new technologies means that this service will benefit any company. Some typical scenarios that clients come to us with include:
- Their technology landscape is no longer delivering business value;
- Is aged, complex and causes unpalatable risk;
- Security architecture is no longer sufficient to protect the business;
- IT is not aligned to future strategic objectives;
- IT is not enabling business success.
How We Deliver This Service
EAL’s approach includes our own benefits led enterprise architecture methodology (BLEAM™) and other recognised standards. We include frameworks and models developed over many years into our consultative led approach to assess and report on enterprise modernisation opportunities for business transformation across all domains.
Example deliverable outputs include:
- Modernisation opportunity analysis;
- Applications and technology portfolio governance, architecture principles;
- Application portfolio assessment covering key data points such as 4Rs, technical health, business capability importance and support, business value, criticality, stability, DR support, technical strategy fit, stability, security posture, plan;
- Technology portfolio assessment covering key data points such as 4Rs, technical health, application mapping, IT capability importance, supportability, criticality, stability, DR support, technical strategy fit, stability, plan;
- Application lifecycle heatmap – 4R’s – retain/refresh/replace/retire;
- Application portfolio catalogue – baseline definition to a true master source;
- Application criticality heatmap;
- Enterprise application information flows view;
- Systems integration view;
- Data asset assessment;
- Potential modernisation roadmaps (with dependencies).
A key goal for IT Modernisation programmes is to gain a clear understanding of what a company’s core business is. All other activities are considered as commodities that could be outsourced, allowing the business to focus on its own capabilities.
IT Modernisation allows investment and effort to be channelled in the areas important to promote further success (product innovation for example).
We have seen clients achieve a better, cheaper and faster way of doing business having simplified agile processes that reduce cost and risk while saving time and money.
Through cloud-based applications, our clients are assured of keeping up with the pace of change while getting closer to their clients and suppliers.
Contact Us to Get Started
We will come back to you to discuss your situation as soon as possible